Thursday, July 12, 2012

The curtain is opened for "Oz: The Great and Powerful" Teaser

The teaser trailer for "OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL" premieres at Comic-Con






I love Sam Raimi, and I'll see anything he does, but this trailer slightly worries me. Sure, it's colorful and pretty, but it's completely shallow; if it weren't for Raimi, I would already have written this film off (that hand at the end is terrifyingly bad). I truly hope the "aren't you the great man we've been waiting for" doesn't suggest some Chosen One B.S.

 The B&W opening is great, though, and I hope this is just a poor trailer attempting to evoke Alice in Wonderland, which is understandable, since that film was a massive hit and is highly regarded for some reason by the general public. You & I may hate it, but one thing I've learned from living in Petaluma is that the average person's film preference is drastically contrary to our perception of quality.

It has a pretty decent cast, and I can't wait to see more of Michelle Williams and Rachael Weisz.

No comments:

Post a Comment